Volunteer Driver Role Description
Duration: Dance Month – August 5th 2013 – 31st August 2013
Helping to support Guernsey Art Commission’s Community Art Team; volunteer drivers will transport other volunteers or artists to arranged GAC events and activities.
Responsible to the Community Arts Development Manager (CADM)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- to liaise with the CADM about transport arrangements
- transport volunteers and artists to pre-arranged destinations
- keep a record of journeys taken
- complete expense claim forms
Volunteers are expected to make every effort to:
- take part in induction
- attend any training and volunteer support meetings
- meet with the CADM to review progress
- represent GAC appropriately throughout the period of volunteering – all press or media enquiries to be forwarded to the CADM
Skills and Experience:
- A clean driving licence
- Although no other specific qualifications are required having an advanced test certificate would be great.
- Previous experience working with the public would also be good.
- Volunteers must be patient, understanding and have a responsible attitude.
- Out-of-pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
Drivers are not asked to give a specific time commitment. The help needed can vary. Flexible availability would be very helpful.
Please contact Sam de Croy, Office Manager, e-mail email@example.com
For more information on the Guernsey Arts Commission please visit www.art.gg