For the last two years the poetry of Guernsey writers has been circumnavigating the island as part of an ongoing exhibition on all 33 Island Coachways’ buses. It has been a terrific way for both experienced poets and new talent to share their work and we have been constantly delighted with the creativity of the enties submitted to previous competitions.
Entry for Poems on the Buses 4 is now open and this time we are inviting poets, wherever they are in the world, to submit their works to the competition. The rules of the competition are:
- Closing date for receipt of entries: Sep 15th 2010
- Maximum length fourteen lines.
- The prize is open to anyone except those involved in organising the competition. Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any public website or broadcast, nor winning or placed in any other competition as at Oct 15th 2010
- You may send as many entries as you like. Payments must be made in sterling by cheque or postal order. Cheques should be from a UK bank and should be made payable to The Guernsey Arts Commission with the sender’s name and address on the back.
- Entries should be in English, typed on A4 paper.
- Please do not write your name on the same sheet as your poems as they will be judged anonymously.
- Enclose a separate sheet with your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, plus the title/s of your poems.
- Winners will be contacted by post or e-mail by Oct 15th 2010 and winning poems will be placed on one of the 33 island buses for a period of 6 months which will coincide with the Guernsey Literary Festival.
Please click on the link below to download your entry form. We look forward to enjoying your poems.
All entries should be sent to the following address:
Poems on the Buses
Guernsey Arts Commission
Guernsey Information Centre
St Peter Port
So, what are you waiting for… go find a pen and get writing!