The idea is simple. You’re invited to submit the opening of a play (up to 12 minutes in length). These will all be given a rehearsed reading by our team of professionally trained actors, under the guidance of a professionally trained director in front of a live audience on Friday 28th January at The Fermain Tavern. At the end of the evening, the audience will be asked to choose which plays they would like to see more of. From the audience votes and the votes of the actors and director, the most popular plays will be invited to submit the second scene of the play for a similar event later in the year. This will again be repeated up to 6 times during 2011 until a full once act play is completed. At the end of the process, the winning play will be performed as a full production.
All writers will remain anonymous during the process, and will have the opportunity to get feedback from the actors and director. How long the process is, and how many plays make it through the first round will depend on the number of entries.
There are a few limitations to the competition:
- Maximum of 6 actors.
- Content – no gratuitous language, sexual content or violence.
- Stage directions are to be written for entrances/exits/specific emotions/important actions not implied by dialogue.
- Minimal sound and lighting effects.
- Final play will be one act, written through the Flip the Script process.
- A maximum of 3 entries per person.
- Scripts in the Flip the Script Process will be presented anonymously as a rehearsed reading, not a full production.
- A cover sheet specifying Working Title, Genre, Character list with brief description and a maximum of 200 word synopsis of scene.
If you have any questions, or just need to know more you can contact us on email@example.com . The entry form can be found at the bottom of the page.
So what are you waiting for? Get writing!