David will be covering numerous points, including:
• The way the invention of photography prompted artists to develop new ways of representing the world.
• The innovations of the late 19th Century (Cezanne plus the impressionists).
• The development of art in relation to wars, inventions, social upheavals and the many directions art took during the 20th and into 21st Century
• How during the 20th Century there was a move towards non-representational art and how it developed and never lost it’s power to delight, stimulate and shock
• Manipulations of the 2 dimensional picture plane and how art has embraced many areas other than painting and sculpture e.g. land and performance art